<< Back to Job Search
Warehouse Operations Director
Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire
£75,000 per Annum
Company Fusion Limited is working with a fast growing family haulage business with over 45 years of UK distribution expertise. With high quality principles and ethics, a portfolio of warehouse facilities, and an exemplary fleet of trucks, they work with clients within a broad spectrum of business sectors including retail, clothing, foods, raw materials, packaged chemicals and industrial products. We now have an exciting opportunity for a Warehouse Operations Director to join their ambitious and busy team based near Leighton Buzzard.
The Package - What you could earn
- Attractive basic salary of up to £75,000 per annum negotiable depending on experience.
- Company benefits.
Warehouse Operations Director - Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Warehousing Operations Director will be responsible for the efficient running of operations at our clients' sites, including P&L, warehouse, logistics, equipment, quality, planning, stores and health and safety.
- Implementation of legislative and company principles to deliver the business plan and budget.
- Plan ahead of demand sufficient capacity at all times, identified in your plan for growth - maximising flexibility and minimising operational costs; and complete daily/weekly workload planning and volume forecasting routines.
- Ensure and implement high standards of Health & Safety.
- Manage & support projects related to the departments directly and indirectly, in a time-efficient manner.
- Promote and consult on embedding best practice.
- This role requires contribution to staff recruitment and development.
The Person - Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- You will be a hands-on operations expert and natural leader with ideally 15 years experience working within the Transport and Logistics sector.
- 7 to 8 years experience working in a senior position of warehouse management.
- Extensive knowledge of:
- pallet network operations
- logistical constraints
- stock control including the planning optimal stock flow and layouts across goods in, put away, pick, pack, vehicle loading and dispatch.
- the complexities of multi-site warehousing
- transport operations including; fleet optimisation, fleet compliance, fleet preventative maintenance and transport KPI’s
- Skilled in presenting business improvement initiatives to a board.
- Excellent customer-facing skills, and communication skills - both oral and written.
- Ability to communicate with professionals of all levels.
Are you a well-seasoned operations expert with 7-8 years experience working in a senior position of warehouse management? Do you have extensive knowledge of the Transport and Logistics sector? If so, we have a fantastic new opportunity to speak to you about!
Is this you? Apply today!
<< Back to Job Search