<< Back to Job Search
Design Manager - International
Bury, Greater Manchester
Negotiable depending on experience
Company Fusion Limited is working with the leading international multichannel retailer of branded sportswear and fashion wear. They operate over 1000 stores under a number of fascias providing their customers with the latest products from the very best sports fashion and outdoor brands.
Our client’s Property Design team is responsible for driving innovation and design excellence across all of the Group fascia’s. The department delivers inspiring, commercial retail environments for our customers in order to maximise their shopping experience, whilst maximising profitability for the Group.
We currently have an exciting new opportunity for an enthusiastic Design Manager - International to join their busy Property Design team at their international team. This role will include covering the UK for 12 months.
The Package - What you could earn
- Basic salary negotiable depending on experience.
- Company Discount Of 40%
- Company Pension Scheme
- Car Allowance
- Life Assurance Of 2* Of Annual Salary
- Private Single Cover Health Care
- Discretionary Bonus
- 33 Days Holidays (25 Days + 8 Bank Holidays)
- 6 Month Probationary Period
- 3 Month Notice Period
- Free Onsite parking
- Company Phone
- Company Laptop
Design Manager - International - Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- The position of the Design Manager is a key role in the future expansion of the company. Working as part of the Property Design Team, this position manages, directs and influences a team of Retail Designers to deliver a programme of design projects across multiple fascias throughout Europe, the UK and Ireland.
- Plan, schedule and distribute work throughout the design team working to agreed deadlines.
- Ability to forecast workload and resource across the team.
- Co-ordinate and attend strategy meetings to obtain design briefs and general direction of projects.
- Develop and mentor all designers through regular reviews and training.
- Build a strong understanding of the group and design concepts to offer assistance and support to the team as required.
- Lead the space planning of merchandise layouts using a design brief and option targets.
- Liaise with key project stakeholders from the internal departments (retail, marketing, multichannel, IT, security etc.) along with external professional agencies such as structural engineers, planning department or consultants in order to obtain statutory approvals.
- Co-ordination of meetings to present completed store designs and obtain approval / feedback.
- Check and approve all store plans prior to issue ensuring consistency across all schemes.
- Attend site meetings; talking through the design with the project delivery team, check surveys and record site information.
The Person - Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of 8 years industry experience, 3 of which managing a design team, working to and meeting business critical deadlines.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Retail Design.
- Able to plan work streams and set deadlines.
- Proven experience at all stages of the design process, from conception through to implementation and delivery.
- Ability to interpret briefs accurately and work efficiently to deadlines.
- Strong understanding of construction and shop fitting coupled with a good understanding of building regulations within Europe, UK and Ireland.
- Self-motivated and driven, with the ability to manage own workload.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Be prepared to travel throughout Europe, UK & Ireland, holding a full driving license and a valid passport.
- Experience in Revit.
- Experience of using Microsoft Powerpoint.
- Advanced AutoCAD.
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Excel
- Degree in Architecture, Architectural Technology, Interior Design or other relevant qualification.
- Practical experience within the design/architecture sector is required.
Do you have a minimum of 8 years industry experience, 3 of which managing a design team, working to and meeting business critical deadlines? Do you have strong knowledge and understanding of Retail Design? If you're prepared to travel throughout Europe, UK & Ireland, and hold a full driving license and a valid passport, apply today!
Is this you? Apply today!
<< Back to Job Search