<< Back to Job Search
Group Concept & Design Manager
Bury, Greater Manchester
Negotiable depending on experience
Company Fusion Limited is working with the leading international multichannel retailer of branded sportswear and fashion wear. They operate over 1000 stores under a number of fascias providing their customers with the latest products from the very best sports fashion and outdoor brands.
Our client’s Property Design team is responsible for driving innovation and design excellence across all of the Group fascia’s. The department delivers inspiring, commercial retail environments for our customers in order to maximise their shopping experience, whilst maximising profitability for the Group.
We currently have an exciting new opportunity for an enthusiastic Group Concept & Design Manager to join their busy Property Design team at their HQ in Bury, Greater Manchester with approx. 1 day per week field based attending meetings. This is a Fixed Term 12-18 month contract role.
The Package - What you could earn
- Basic salary negotiable depending on experience.
- Company Discount Of 40%
- Company Pension Scheme
- Car Allowance
- Life Assurance Of 2* Of Annual Salary
- Private Single Cover Health Care
- Discretionary Bonus
- 33 Days Holidays (25 Days + 8 Bank Holidays)
- 6 Month Probationary Period
- 3 Month Notice Period
- Free Onsite parking
- Company Phone
- Company Laptop
Group Concept & Design Manager - Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working as part of the Property Design Team, this position will lead the concept development and roll out of retail store environments across all Group Fascia’s Globally, having responsibility for standards, guidelines and all future concepts.
- Collaborate with the Group Head of Concept & Design to devise fascia and store development strategies across all Group brands.
- Lead the on-going design development of the retail environment, working collaboratively with cross functional teams to create inspiring, commercial spaces which impact our business on a Global scale.
- Drive highly complex and business critical projects of varying complexity within a store build and development environment.
- Maintain a consistent brand identity across all markets and sectors, working to store grades and £ per sq ft parameters.
- Ensure clear store environment guidelines across all Group brands, creating clear design parameters which easily translate across multiple territories and languages.
- Self-initiative store reviews and concept development plans with wider business stakeholders.
- Lead cross functional design collaboration meetings which influence and support new design ideas, conversations and directives.
- Undertake special projects as assigned or agreed.
- Plan/Manage work streams, supporting the Design.
- Studio Managers in a hands-on, positive manner.
- Agree clear departmental goals which enable the Design team to achieve business objectives.
- Inspire and mentor team members of varying experience levels, ensuring there is a continual CPD program in place which aids creative development and technical understanding.
- Devise training and development plans for the team, including undertaking of monthly performance reviews.
The Person - Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- Proven knowledge and in-depth experience of retail store design and industry trends.
- Able to balance design with operational needs and budget objectives which result in dynamic, inspiring store environments.
- Experience at all stages of the design process, from conception through to implementation and delivery.
- Experience of furniture design, including strong understanding of materials and finishes.
- Detailed understanding of construction or shop fitting coupled with a good understanding of building regulations and compliancy issues.
- Knowledge of architectural details and specifications for construction document production.
- Self-motivated and driven, with the ability to execute the design strategy.
- Must hold a valid passport and be prepared to travel internationally.
- Ability to use all Microsoft Programs to an advanced level.
- Proficient in visual rendering and 3D modelling, including hand sketching.
- Proficient in AutoCAD (experience of revit desirable).
- Proficient in Adobe suite.
- Degree in Architecture, Architectural Technology, Interior Design or other relevant qualification.
- Min. 12 year’s relevant experience within the design/architecture sector.
- Min. 5 years’ experience leading the development of retail concepts, including fashion (ideally sport-fashion).
- Min. 5 years’ management experience, working to and meeting business critical deadlines.
- Experience of working within Global markets.
This is an exciting new opportunity for a Group Concept & Design Manager to join the leading international multichannel retailer of branded sportswear and fashion wear, on a Fixed Term 12-18 month contract role.
Is this you? Apply today!
<< Back to Job Search