<< Back to Job Search
Senior Quantity Surveyor - Europe
Negotiable depending on experience
Company Fusion Limited is working with the leading international multichannel retailer of branded sportswear and fashion wear. They operate over 1000 stores under a number of fascias providing their customers with the latest products from the very best sports fashion and outdoor brands.
Our client’s Property Design team is responsible for driving innovation and design excellence across all of the Group fascia’s. The department delivers inspiring, commercial retail environments for our customers in order to maximise their shopping experience, whilst maximising profitability for the Group.
We currently have an exciting new opportunity for an enthusiastic Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their busy Property Design team in Barcelona!
The Package - What you could earn
- Basic salary negotiable depending on experience.
- Company Benefits.
Senior Quantity Surveyor - Europe - Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- As a Senior quantity surveyor, you will be able to manage costs, risk and procurement within the capital investment programme undertaken by Projects from feasibility stage to project completion, ensuring cost reduction activity and value engineering is directed where it will deliver the best results for the business.
- Managing and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects to plan.
- Responsible for contributing to the successfully co-ordination and management of the capital investment plan to deliver programmes, projects and initiatives of varying size and complexity taking account of programme, quality and health and safety implications.
- Responsible for implementing a cost reduction strategy within the Property Department, ensuring cost reduction activity and value engineering is delivered appropriately. Drive the value engineering strategy across all store formats, ensuring that best value is delivered without adversely influencing life cycle cost or compromising operational efficiency. Proactively look to drive cost, time and wasted effort out of construction.
- Manage the project feasibility process from initial proposal through scoping and option studies to Board Approval of funding. Site visit to ascertain constraints and identify risks. Ascertain brief and scope of work from other departments.
- Develop and employ modelling and estimating techniques to provide accurate rates and costs for an annual spend of up to £30m across a variety of different types and sizes of new and refurbishment retail projects.
- Develop and manage procurement techniques to suit the types and quantum of programmes, projects and initiatives with solutions which will demonstrate and ensure best value is delivered taking account of quality, programme and health and safety implications.
- Conduct tender processes including preparation of tender documentation, evaluation of tenders and the making of detailed recommendations.
- Adopt a consistent approach to the contractual engagement of all consultants, suppliers and contractors employed by the company to carry out works associated with the capital investment plan. Ensure a timely appointment including agreement of fees and an appropriately specified level of services and activities. Avoid duplication of roles with other consultants and vendors.
- Monitor the financial progress of individual projects through regular communication and reports assessing the potential impact of change on the budgets and also taking account of the effect on the business and ensuring change control procedures are rigidly adhered to. Take up any variances with the appropriate area/individual.
- Agree final accounts with all contractors, consultants and suppliers.
- Develop and maintain accurate benchmark costs across the group and individual cost elements with an appreciation of group costs within the wider retail fit-out industry context.
- Strive for excellence in all processes within the project & design team, continually reviewing and developing improvements.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors encouraging them to take positive action and assume accountability for their assigned work.
The Person - Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- Previous Construction/Retail Fit Out experience is required.
- You will have knowledge and experience of the construction and shop fit industry including knowledge of legislation processes managing projects up to £3.0m.
- Experience gained at a manager level in a corporate client based organisation or specialist consultancy.
- Quantity Surveying / Cost Management experience: You will be able to manage multiple, simultaneous projects across a number of group fascia’s keeping them on budget and delivering them on time and to a high standard.
- Member of Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, Construction Faculty (MRICS) or equivalent.
- Excellent communication & influencing skills: You will have the ability to communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders and departments.
- Numerate and strong attention to detail.
- Qualifications: Relevant bachelor’s degree or construction cost management qualification would be advantageous.
- Full Driving Licence essential - This role is field based and you will need to be geographically mobile to support our store portfolio.
Are you an MRICs certified Quantity Surveyor with construction/retail fit out experience? Are you interested in a role that will see you visiting sites throughout Europe as an integral part of the development for one of Europe’s leading sports – fashion retailers? If yes then we would love to speak to you about our Senior Quantity Surveyor position based in Barcelona!
Is this you? Apply today!
<< Back to Job Search