<< Back to Job Search
Bury, Greater Manchester
Negotiable depending on experience
Company Fusion Limited is working with the leading international multichannel retailer of branded sportswear and fashion wear. They operate over 800 stores under a number of fascias providing their customers with the latest products from the very best sports fashion and outdoor brands. We are currently seeking a C++ Developer to work within their IT Development team at their Global HQ in Bury, Greater Manchester.
The Package - What you could earn
- Excellent basic salary negotiable depending on experience.
- Company Discount Of 30% - Rising To 35% After 5 Years Of Service.
- Company Pension Contribution With 4% Employer Contribution / 2% Employee Contribution.
- Life Assurance.
- 6 Month Probationary Period.
- Annual Appraisals.
- Salary Reviews.
- Staff Sales.
- Childcare Voucher Scheme.
C++ Developer - Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- The C++ Developer will be required to work as an integral part of the IT Development team. The candidate will be responsible for the development and support of our POS system.
- Reporting to the Development Manager, the C++ Developer will be expected to manage their own deliverables and work to agreed timescales. The developer will be required to work collaboratively with other developers from within the team, and support business analysts, test analysts and business users.
- Design, build, test and deployment of C++ programs.
- Analysis of technical requirements and writing technical documentation.
- Ensuring that all development adheres to defined coding standards/guidelines.
- Monitoring the application support queue, and responding to assigned support requests.
- Reporting progress to the Development Manager daily.
The Person - Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- Previous programming experience using C++ is essential/desirable (ideally with experience of the QT Framework on a Linux environment)
- Basic knowledge and experience of shell scripting using Linux is advantageous.
- Analytical and detailed approach to problem solving.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Some understanding of different development methodologies, such as Agile and Waterfall
- IT professional with extensive experience or graduate with relevant Diploma or Degree.
- Experience of working in a Retail environment.
- Experience of working with a POS or ERP system.
- Exposure to QT Framework or similar UI development framework.
- Experience of a source control system, such as Subversion (SVN).
- Exposure to other programming languages (such as COBOL, SQL, PL/SQL, Java, HTML, etc.)
- Exposure to Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) integration architectures and technologies.
Are you an experienced C++ Developer with extensive experience and/or a relevant Diploma or Degree, and experience of working in a Retail environment? If so, we'd like to speak to you about an exciting new opportunity!
Is this you? Apply today!
<< Back to Job Search