<< Back to Job Search
Assistant Retail Designer - International
Bury, Greater Manchester
Negotiable depending on experience
Company Fusion Limited is working with the leading international multichannel retailer of branded sportswear and fashion wear. They operate over 800 stores under a number of fascias providing their customers with the latest products from the very best sports fashion and outdoor brands.
Our client’s Property Design team is responsible for driving innovation and design excellence across all of the Group fascia’s. The department delivers inspiring, commercial retail environments for our customers in order to maximise their shopping experience, whilst maximising profitability for the Group.
We currently have an exciting new opportunity for an enthusiastic Assistant Retail Designer - International to join their busy Property Design team at their Global HQ in Bury, Greater Manchester. (approx. one day per week field based attending meetings)
The Package - What you could earn
- Excellent basic salary negotiable depending on experience.
- Company Discount Of 30% - Rising To 35% After 5 Years Of Service.
- Company Pension Contribution With 4% Employer Contribution / 2% Employee Contribution.
- Life Assurance.
- 6 Month Probationary Period.
- Annual Appraisals.
- Salary Reviews.
- Staff Sales.
- Childcare Voucher Scheme.
Assistant Retail Designer - International - Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Lead Designer within agreed territory, taking projects from brief through to completion.
- Attendance of strategy meetings to obtain design briefs and general direction of projects.
- Work cross functionally with key project stakeholders from within the group including; the wider Property team, Retail, Marketing, Multi-channel, IT, security etc.
- Coordinate meetings to present store designs and obtain approval / feedback.
- Set up drawings in AutoCAD using landlord or survey information.
- Space plan merchandise layouts using a design brief and option targets.
- Production of detailed plans, shop fronts, sections and elevations for proposed store designs, along with production of 3D Visuals as required.
- Liaise with external professional agencies such as structural engineers, planning department or consultants in order to obtain statutory approvals.
The Person - Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience at all stages of the design process, from conception through to implementation
- Design creatively to set budgets
- Interpret briefs accurately with the ability to work to set deadlines
- Strong presentation skills
- Self-motivated and driven
- Strong retail awareness
- Understanding of construction or shop fitting coupled with a good understanding of building regulations within UK
- Be prepared to travel internationally holding a full driving licence
- Must hold a valid passport
A CAD test and examples of work will be required to demonstrate proficiency in the following software:
- Experience in Revit is desirable
Stakeholder Interaction (Internal):
- Estate / Acquisition surveyors
- Retail and commercial team
- Space planning / Merchandising / Buying
- Project Managers and support team
- Health, Safety and Maintenance
- Profit Protection
- Purchasing / Consumables
Stakeholder Interaction (External):
- Project Managers
- Quantity Surveyors
- Structural Engineers
- Mechanical & Electrical Engineers
- Signage Contractors
- Suppliers (fixtures, fittings, flooring, lighting to name but a few)
- Construction and shop fit companies
- Degree in Architecture, Architectural Technology, Interior
- Design or other relevant qualification
- Practical experience within the design/architecture sector is required
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic Assistant Retail Designer to join the leading international multichannel retailer of branded sportswear and fashion wear. Apply today!
Is this you? Apply today!
<< Back to Job Search