<< Back to Job Search
2nd Deputy Manager
23,795 per Annum
Company Fusion Limited is working with a well established Childcare Company. They believe in providing every child with plentiful learning opportunities and work in partnership with parents and carers; ensuring every child is happy. We currently have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic 2nd Deputy Manager to join their friendly and rapidly-expanding team for their nursery, based near Harrow, London.
The Package - What you could earn
- An excellent basic salary of up to £23,795.00 per annum based on experience inclusive of bonus.
- 40 hours per week.
- Up to 10% discretionary bonus per year.
- 20 day’s holiday plus 8 bank holiday which increases with service.
- One annual leave bonus day a year.
- Free lunches on site.
- Three days onsite training during inset days.
- Employee assistance programme.
- Salary sacrifice scheme for parental staff.
- Training and career development opportunities - this role is ideal for you if you are looking to grow professionally!
- Working as part of a new team in an outstanding setting.
2nd Deputy Manager - Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- As the 2nd Deputy Manager, you will be involved in leading a classroom on a daily basis, whilst having the unique opportunity to work closely with the management team to lead and support the entire nursery team.
- Develop and maintain the day to day organisation and functionality of the room provisions, leading a team of Nursery Practitioners.
- Provide a happy safe, secure and stimulating environment in which the physical, emotional, intellectual, social and psychological development of the children is taken in to full account at all times.
- Encourage the children to maintain and develop their own individuality and independence.
- Take full day to day responsibility for the efficient running of the room facility.
- Help update and complete staff records and appraisals.
- Provide an attractive stimulating range of equipment, activities and displays relevant to the age and needs of the children in the setting, which encourage independence, self motivation and eagerness to learn.
- Establish individual programmes for any children with special needs, in conjunction with the childcare SENCO.
- Maintain a high standard of hygiene in relation to staff, children, equipment and surroundings.
- Ensure that OFSTED standards including EYFS are implemented at all times.
- Support the Nursery Manager in striving to deliver an outstanding environment.
- Assisting in managing the nursery within the set standards in the absence of the management team.
The Person - Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- You will hold a Level 3 Qualification or above; CACHE, BTEC or NVQ in Childcare or equivalent.
- Prior experience leading a team.
- Be enthusiastic and display an excellent knowledge of the EYFS and have a passion for childcare.
- A passion to lead in the safeguarding and improvement of outcomes for all children.
- The initiative and motivation to bring new ideas and work within a progressive and pro-active team.
- Experience working with children within the early years.
- You will live within a 40 minute commutable distance.
Are you passionate about Childcare with a Level 3 Qualification in Childcare or above? Do you have excellent knowledge of the EYFS and prior experience leading a team? If this is you, we would love to speak to you about an exciting new opportunity!
Is this you? Apply today!
<< Back to Job Search