<< Back to Job Search
Design Manager UK & Ireland
Bury, Greater Manchester
Negotiable depending on experience
Company Fusion Limited is working with the leading international multichannel retailer of branded sportswear and fashion wear. They operate over 800 stores under a number of fascias providing their customers with the latest products from the very best sports fashion and outdoor brands.
Our client’s Property Design team is responsible for driving innovation and design excellence across all of the Group fascia’s. The department delivers inspiring, commercial retail environments for our customers in order to maximise their shopping experience, whilst maximising profitability for the Group.
We currently have an exciting new opportunity for an enthusiastic Design Manager (UK & Ireland) to join their busy Property Design team at their Global HQ in Bury, Greater Manchester working on a fixed-term contract of 12-15 months (approx. one day per week field based attending meetings).
The Package - What you could earn
- Excellent basic salary depending on experience.
- 12-15 months fixed term contract.
- Company Discount Of 30%.
- Company Pension Scheme With 4% Employer Contribution And 2% Employee Contribution.
- Life Assurance Of 2* Of Annual Salary.
- 33 Days Holiday Per Year (25 Days + 8 Bank Holidays).
- Annual Car Allowance.
- 6 Month Probationary Period.
- Company Phone.
- Company Laptop.
- Childcare Voucher Scheme.
- Staff Sales.
Design Manager UK & Ireland - Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The position of the Design Manager is a key role in the future expansion of our client. Working as part of the Property Design Team, this position manages, directs and influences a team of Retail Designers to deliver a programme of design projects across multiple fascias throughout the UK and Ireland.
- Plan, schedule and distribute work throughout the design team working to agreed deadlines.
- Ability to forecast workload and resource across the UK team.
- Co-ordinate and attend strategy meetings to obtain design briefs and general direction of projects.
- Develop and mentor all designers through regular reviews and training.
- Build a strong understanding of the group and design concepts to offer assistance and support to the UK team as required.
- Lead the space planning of merchandise layouts using a design brief and option targets.
- Liaise with key project stakeholders from the internal departments (retail, marketing, multichannel, IT, security etc.) along with external professional agencies such as structural engineers, planning department or consultants in order to obtain statutory approvals.
- Co-ordination of meetings to present completed store designs and obtain approval / feedback.
- Check and approve all store plans prior to issue ensuring consistency across all schemes.
- Attend site meetings; talking through the design with the project delivery team, check surveys and record site information.
The Person - Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of 8 years industry experience, 5 of which managing a design team, working to and meeting business critical deadlines.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of retail design.
- Able to plan work streams and set deadlines.
- Proven experience at all stages of the design process, from conception through to implementation and delivery.
- Ability to interpret briefs accurately and work efficiently to deadlines.
- Strong understanding of construction and shop fitting coupled with a good understanding of building regulations within the UK & Ireland.
- Self-motivated and driven, with the ability to manage own workload.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Be prepared to travel throughout the UK & Ireland, holding a full driving license and a valid passport.
- Experience in Revit.
- Experience of using Microsoft Powerpoint.
- Advanced AutoCAD.
- Microsoft Office.
- Microsoft Excel.
- Degree in Architecture, Architectural Technology, Interior Design or other relevant qualification.
- Practical experience within the design/architecture sector is required.
If you have a minimum of 8 years industry experience, at least 5 of which managing a design team, strong knowledge and understanding of Retail Design and a Degree in Architecture, Architectural Technology, Interior Design or equivalent, we'd love to speak to you about fantastic new opportunity!
Is this you? Apply today!
<< Back to Job Search