<< Back to Job Search
£8 - £9 per Hour
Company Fusion Limited is working with a well established Childcare Company. They believe in providing every child with plentiful learning opportunities and work in partnership with parents and carers; ensuring every child is happy. We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Kitchen Assistant to join their growing team for their nursery based in Harrow, London.
The Package - What you could earn
- Basic salary paying up to £8.76 per hour depending on experience.
- 9am-1pm shift pattern (20 hours per week)
- 20 days holiday (pro rata) plus 8 bank holiday.
- Free lunches on site.
- Employee assistance programme.
- Childcare discount.
- New uniform provided.
- Training and career development opportunities.
- Working as part of an outstanding team in an purpose built setting.
Kitchen Assistant - Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- On a day to day basis, the Kitchen Assistant will support and assist the Nursery Chef in ensuring a high standard of food preparation that will be prepared for the children and staff.
- Ensuring you adhere to the relevant policies, procedures, and legislative guidelines and relevant instructions as set out by the Nursery.
- Guarantee a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene for all food preparation areas, food preparation equipment, floors and other kitchen tools or areas.
- Sort, store and distribute kitchen equipment and ingredients appropriately, prepare foodstuffs, maintain stock rotation and dispose of kitchen waste under the direction of the Nursery Chef.
- Reports any problems to the Nursery Chef.
- Maintain health and safety standards in the kitchen.
- You may sometimes be required to cover for the Nursery Chef in their absence.
The Person - Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- Good understanding of the importance of health and hygiene; Level 3 Food Hygiene certificate preferred.
- Good communication skills and the ability to communicate among all levels within a team.
- Self-motivated, with an enthusiastic, positive attitude.
- Experience working in a kitchen, ideally within an environment that will cater to special dietary requirements.
Do you have experience working within a kitchen, a good understanding of health and hygiene standards and an enthusiastic, positive attitude? If so, we currently have fantastic new Kitchen Assistant opportunity working within a well established childcare company that we are keen to speak to you about!
Is this you? Apply today!
<< Back to Job Search