<< Back to Job Search
£23,840 per Annum
Company Fusion Limited is working with a well established Childcare Company. Our Client are recruiting for their new purpose-built setting within beautifully designed surroundings and they currently have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Nursery Chef to join their growing team based in Harrow, London.
The Package - What you could earn
- Excellent rates of pay (up to £23,840 per annum, including bonus)
- 20 days’ holiday plus 8 bank holiday which increases with service
- One annual leave bonus day a year.
- Free DBS.
- Support for Higher Level qualifications.
- New uniform provided.
- Free lunches on site.
- Three days onsite training during inset days.
- Team building events throughout the year.
- Childcare discount
- Salary sacrifice scheme for parental staff.
- This role is to work 40 hours per week, from 8.00-17.00 Monday - Friday, 50 weeks per year.
Nursery Chef - Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- You’ll be responsible for serving meals and snacks to all the children in our Nursery.
- Working in a kitchen that’s rated 5* for hygiene, you’ll maintain the high standards of hygiene and cleanliness, complying with all the necessary food preparation and storage procedures to keep a clean and well-functioning kitchen.
- In addition to cooking and serving meals you’ll be in charge of ordering food supplies within an agreed budget.
- You will also have a designated Kitchen Assistant for support.
- You’ll also have the opportunity to work with the children, taking the lead in cookery based activities.
- Preparing home-cooked meals for all the children daily.
- Following the menus.
- Ensuring a high level of hygiene and observing cleanliness at all times.
- Maintaining standards in the kitchen.
- Having lots of fun!
The Person - Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- You will have previous experience of working in a kitchen and your passion for food and nutrition will be evident.
- You’ll have a good understanding of the importance of hygiene, cleanliness and dietary requirements and a minimum Level 2 qualification in basic food hygiene is essential.
- Excellent time management and organisation skills.
- Be hard working and organised team player.
- Experience of managing allergies and intolerances.
- A satisfactory DBS check.
- Strong communication skills: written and verbal
- An enthusiastic, flexible, can do attitude
Important - Do not apply unless you have:
- A minimum level 2 qualification in basic food hygiene.
- Previous experience of working in a kitchen and a passion for food and nutrition.
Fantastic opportunity for an experienced Chef with a passion for food and nutrition to join the growing team at a well established childcare company in Harrow, London
Is this you? Apply today!
<< Back to Job Search