<< Back to Job Search
Desktop Support Engineer
Negotiable depending on experience
Company Fusion Limited is working with a well established Shipping Company specialised in providing bespoke logistics services to customers whose business can be complex and who demand personal attention combined with international experience. We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Desktop Support Engineer to join their busy team in Shepperton, Surrey.
The Package - What you could earn
- Basic salary dependant on experience
Desktop Support Engineer - Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engineer with skills in Windows 7, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Exchange, Anti-Virus, DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, Active Directory, Desktop and Laptop Hardware, Printers and general hardware/software knowledge.
- They are looking to bring in an enthusiastic, driven Technician/Engineer
- You will be required to resolve and escalate internal calls.
- Monitoring help ticket queue and escalating to relevant team/team member where relevant.
- Installation and configuration of software.
- Building and configuring new PCs to standard build specifications of OS and applications.
- Provide support for local IT infrastructure components, including desktops, Laptops, Applications and on-site telephony
- Maintaining a high level of user satisfaction within the business
- Supporting colleagues in the execution of their duties
- Maintaining a professional image to the business at all times
- Providing timely updates to the business on system outages, issues, and general system information
- Following ITIL framework principles, and a professional level of call detail and incident management on incidents / requests logged
The Person - Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- The successful candidate would possess working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and ideally experience of ITIL, incident management, and other common service desk functions.
- It would be advantageous for the candidate to have Microsoft certifications, though other recognised certifications will also be of interest
- Experience in a desktop support role, preferably in a commercial environment.
- Exposure to Microsoft Windows Server environments.
- Relevant IT qualifications or equivalent experience.
- Along with experience of the following:
- User or customer support.
- Configuring and networking Microsoft Windows based
computer systems, ideally Windows 7 Professional.
- Building/upgrading Intel-based PC systems.
- Supporting Microsoft Office.
- Supporting Mac OS X
- Exposure to Unix/Linux.
- Microsoft Office Specialist certification in Outlook, Word and Excel
Are you an enthusiastic & driven Technician/Engineer with good knowledge of desktop support both hardware and software in a commercial environment? If yes then we would like to speak to you about a Desktop Support Engineer position for a well established Shipping Company.
Is this you? Apply today!
<< Back to Job Search