<< Back to Job Search
Lead Teacher - QTS
£28,070 per Annum
Company Fusion Limited is working with a well established Childcare Company. Our Client are opening a new purpose-built setting within beautifully designed surroundings. We currently have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Lead Teacher to join their growing team for their brand new nursery in Stanmore, London.
The Package - What you could earn
- Salary up to £28,070 per annum, dependent on experience, inclusive of discretionary bonus
- Excellent rates of pay
- 32 days holiday plus 8 bank holiday which increases with service
- One annual leave bonus day a year.
- Free lunches on site
- Free Uniform provided
- Three days onsite training during inset days
- Employee assistance programme
- Salary sacrifice scheme for parental staff
- Support for completing higher level qualifications
Lead Teacher - QTS - Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the base room, ensuring that all daily routines are adhered to and that all base room children developmental records are completed.
- Implements all relevant themes, topics and projects within relevant timescales, ensuring they meet Early Years Foundation Stage and OFSTED requirements, and oversees any required assessments.
- Ensures that individual records of all children’s educational developmental progress are kept, based on the day-to-day observations.
- Tracks groups of children in the allocated rooms, keeps the Nursery Manager up to date on children who are under and over achieving.
- Demonstrates a sound knowledge of child development and uses this knowledge to support junior staff in every day practice, planning and interventions.
- Monitors all practices in ensuring the safeguarding of all children. Deals with and reports any suggestions of abuse or neglect, in conjunction with the Nursery Manager.
- Identifies children with additional educational needs and provides the required documentation and the necessary support to parents.
- Ensures that each team member is given the required support, development and coaching to maintain competence.
- Ensures that operational procedures and policies are fully understood and consistently followed.
- Oversees and monitors NVQ students and assessments.
- Communicates effectively with parents and other visitors to the nursery.
- Assists the Nursery Manager with initiatives to directly impacts the base room or the Nursery.
- Assumes responsibility for opening and closing the nursery as required.
- Is mindful of personal safety, safety of colleagues and all Health and Safety regulations within the rooms.
- Attends training courses to further personal development.
The Person - Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum QTS / EYTT or equivalent to teach and lead the preschool class
- GSCE Level Maths A-C equivalent.
- Relevant childcare qualifications in accordance with OFSTED guidelines.
- Thorough understanding and knowledge of childcare legislation.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Enthusiastic and empathetic with a positive attitude.
- Experience of responsibility for a large base room.
- Proven supervisory and coaching experience.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills.
- Must be able to observe, plan and track children’s learning and development effectively.
- Show good time management skills when completing learning journals and completing daily reports.
- Show good grammar and use good pronunciation when speaking to parents and other members of team or external agencies.
We are recruiting for a dynamic and professional Lead Teacher to teach and lead our preschool class based at our fantastic purpose-built Children’s Nursery in Stanmore. The role is an ideal opportunity to join a growing organisation at an exciting time.
Is this you? Apply today!
<< Back to Job Search