<< Back to Job Search
Global Freight Planner (UK Exports)
26000 - 28000 per Annum
Company Fusion Limited are working with a leading UK supply chain company. Our client’s 5,000 employees operate out of 40 locations, providing a full range of supply chain solutions in the UK, and globally including continental Europe, Asia Pacific, and America. Our client’s customers operate in a wide range of commercial and industrial sectors including grocery, retail, electronics and gas. Our client’s outstanding achievements have been recognised by industry awards for supply chain excellence and innovation, environment and safety and women in transport. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Global Freight Planner (UK Exports) to join their busy team near Basingstoke, Hampshire.
The Package - What you could earn
- Competitive basic salary, paying between £26,000 to £28,000 per annum depending on experience.
- Company benefits including;
- 25 days annual leave (pro rata)
- Healthcare plan
- Discretionary bonus
- Start date ASAP.
- Hours: 8:00am – 5:00pm, Monday to Friday – although some flexibility is needed.
Global Freight Planner (UK Exports) - Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- On a day to day basis, the Global Freight Planner (UK Exports) will focus on the coordination and execution of international freight movements in a “Control Tower” environment. Based on instruction and purchase orders received from overseas customers you will be responsible for ensuring all planned activities are completed to a high standard of customer service, cost effectively and within the required timeframe.
- Receiving instructions by email or phone, book shipments with Air Lines and Shipping Lines, creating Airway-Bills, Bills of Lading, Dock receipt’s, tracking shipments, updating systems and excel spreadsheets, loading consignment costs from agreed rate structures on to business software and invoicing customers.
- Liaise with UK customer and their worldwide suppliers, as well as dealing with UK customs and completing entries to HMRC with accuracy of detail.
- Management of shipments through worldwide supply chains (UK-US-UK-JP-UK-CN) principally Dangerous Goods cargo.
- Export & Import document creation, validation, consolidation and distribution.
- Communication of instructions to Service providers, and communication of pre-advice to customers and agents.
- UK Customs formalities for both imports and exports.
- Transport organisation for domestic and European movements.
- Book customer deliveries, ensuring accuracy in documentation, original document receipt & distribution.
- Progress and Information Status Updates
- Exceptions - responding to exceptions and alerts.
- Consolidation load planning.
- Full responsibility for invoicing and costing for all shipments.
The Person - Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- You will have a thorough knowledge of Air-freight, Ocean freight, import and export, including experience of all related documentation such as AWBs, BOLs.
- Ideally you will come from a Freight forwarding, shipping agent or cargo company background or have 3PL/4PL experience.
- Previous experience working with;
- HMRC, customs, traffic and regulations
- Overseas agents/vendors
- Dangerous goods, however full training can be provided.
- Commercial awareness with great numerical skills; and innovative and resourceful.
- Customer focused with excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills.
- High level of accuracy, with great organisational skills and the ability to prioritise and work under pressure to deadlines.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Global Freight Planner with thorough knowledge of Air-freight, Ocean freight, import and export, including experience of all related documentation such as AWBs, BOLs; to join a rapidly expanding and leading UK supply chain company. Apply today!
Is this you? Apply today!
<< Back to Job Search