<< Back to Job Search
Global Freight Planner
26000 - 28000 per Annum
Company Fusion Limited are working with a leading UK supply chain company. Our client’s 5,000 employees operate out of 40 locations, providing a full range of supply chain solutions in the UK, and globally including continental Europe, Asia Pacific, and America. Our client’s customers operate in a wide range of commercial and industrial sectors including grocery, retail, electronics and gas. Our client’s outstanding achievements have been recognised by industry awards for supply chain excellence and innovation, environment and safety and women in transport. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Global Freight Planner to join their busy team near Basingstoke, Hampshire.
The Package - What you could earn
- Competitive basic salary, paying between £26,000 to £28,000 depending on experience.
- A shift allowance is also available for part of the back shift (taking the overall salary closer to £30,000 per annum) and the night shift which gets the total allowance of £3478.04.
- Company benefits including;
- 25 days annual leave (pro rata)
- Healthcare plan
- Discretionary bonus
- Start date ASAP.
- Hours are Monday - Friday, with the day shift covering 7.00am - 3.30pm; the back shift covering 3.30pm - 11.00pm; and the night shift covering 11.00pm - 7.30am.
Global Freight Planner - Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- On a day to day basis, the Global Freight Planner will focus on the coordination and execution of international freight movements in a “Control Tower” environment. Based on instruction and purchase orders received from overseas customers you will be responsible for ensuring all planned activities are completed to a high standard of customer service, cost effectively and within the required timeframe.
- Management of shipments through supply chain.
- Ensuring all PO items available by ready date.
- Arranging freight pick up and arranging international freight through to destination.
- Ensuring all necessary documentation is supplied and accurate to ensure a smooth movement of goods.
- Tracking shipments and update online tracking tool.
- Troubleshooting problems.
- Communication to supply chain parties (and customer).
- Raising accruals, invoicing customers and producing quotes/costings.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external customers globally ensuring that they are kept informed and updated at all times (Suppliers, truckers, ports, shipping lines, airlines, customs brokers, transhipment points, freight agents etc.).
- Ensure effective communications within Global Freight team.
The Person - Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience of freight forwarding environment and an excellent understanding of freight process (steps from end to end).
- Experience/understanding of;
- Cross trade activities
- Import and export air and ocean freight.
- Freight documentation (e.g. AWBs and BOLs).
- Customs process.
- Overseas agents/third parties.
- Highly organised, able to prioritise and work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Customer focused with strong interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal.
- Problem solving/Analytical skills.
- Strong commercial awareness and numerical skills.
- A percentage of the commodities handled are hazardous; therefore experience/training in dangerous goods [e.g. IATA/IMDG] would be advantageous.
- Fluency in any additional languages would be advantageous, specifically Mandarin, Spanish or Portuguese.
- Our client's operation has very demanding time constraints so you need to be flexible with your working hours. They operate 24/7 and various shift patterns are in place to meet demand. As such you will need flexibility on either days or nights, with weekend and bank holiday work included.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Global Freight Planner with knowledge of International Logistics/Freight Forwarding to join a rapidly expanding and leading UK supply chain company. Apply today
Is this you? Apply today!
<< Back to Job Search