<< Back to Job Search
Senior Engineer - Flood Modelling
Negotiable depending on experience
Company Fusion Limited are working with a group of consulting engineers who provide a full range of services through their specialist Chartered & Incorporated Consulting Engineers, Civil Engineers, Structural Engineers, Geo-environmental Engineers, and Transport Engineers. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Engineer - Flood Modelling to join their busy office, based near Chesham, Buckinghamshire.
The Package - What you could earn
- Competitive and negotiable salary depending on experience.
- Start date ASAP.
- 37.5 hours each week
- Excellent company benefits including:
- 23 days per annum
- Life Insurance, Pension, Private Medical Insurance & Staff Discounts after probationary period
- It is a great opportunity for an individual to join the team, be visible and make a difference.
- Progression opportunities.
Senior Engineer - Flood Modelling - Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- On a day-to-day basis, the Senior Engineer - Flood Modelling will play a significant role in the formulating and shaping of major new developments. You will form part of the pre-planning consultant team on large, challenging projects; influencing the master planning process to incorporate flood risk management and sustainable drainage.
- You will be tasked in managing and understating the flood risk and hydraulic flood modelling aspects of master planning significant projects for housing, commercial and industrial developments.
- You may also undertake pre-planning civil engineering in drainage and site feasibility strategies.
- Undertake hydrological studies using FEH methods and software (WINFAP4 and ReFH2).
- Supervise the production of Flood Risk Assessments, mitigation design and hydraulic modelling (using Flood Modeller Pro, TUFLOW and HEC-RAS).
- Liaise, negotiate and communicate with your clients and external agencies i.e. Local lead Flood Authorities, Environment Agency, Regional Highway and Sewerage authorities, etc.
- You may undertake pre-purchase feasibility studies and resolution of planning conditions including drainage feasibility and / or flooding considerations.
- Control the programmed performance of projects.
- Represent the group at meetings, public exhibitions, planning committees and public enquiries when required, and undertake site inspections.
- Supervise junior staff in design and reporting.
The Person - Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- Knowledge of design and implication of flood risk assessments and SUD's techniques essential.
- You will be chartered or near chartership with a relevant body commensurate with your academic qualifications (i.e. CIWEM or ICE).
- You must have knowledge of commercial frameworks and the ability to contribute to fee proposals.
- Working experience of:
- MicroDrainage, Flood Modeller Pro, TUFLOW or similar 1D-2D hydraulic modelling software.
- Hydrological software (primarily WINFAP4, and ReFH2).
- FRAs, SuDS and Pre-Planning civils.
- Drainage design, and S104 agreements.
- AutoCAD/Autodesk Civil 3D and GIS Software - this is not essential.
- Use of Microsoft Office software packages i.e. Excel, Word, etc.
We are currently seeking a chartered or near chartered Senior Engineer - Flood Modelling with knowledge of design and implication of flood risk assessments and SUD's techniques. Is this you? Apply today!
Is this you? Apply today!
<< Back to Job Search