<< Back to Job Search
Negotiable depending on experience
Company Fusion Limited is working with a fully integrated infrastructure solutions business that delivers improved operating performance of commercial and industrial facilities through a strategic divisional structure focused upon three key delivery areas i.e. Engineering Consultancy, Operations & Maintenance and Energy Trading. We currently have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Operations Technician to join their expanding team based in Beckton, London.
The Package - What you could earn
- A competitive basic salary depending upon experience
- Company benefits
- Hours of work – shift work, including nights
Operations Technician - Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Operations Technician works as a member of a shift team, (at times alone,) & is responsible for the safe, efficient operation, maintenance & improvement of the CHiP in line with business and statutory needs
- Ensure safe, environmental & statutory compliant CHiP operation and maintenance by monitoring, inspecting and controlling plant parameters & providing appropriate first line maintenance.
- Operate plant ensuring compliance with safety, environmental & statutory requirements.
- Assist & respond effectively to operational demands achieving safe and efficient generation within prescribed limits to ensure the process is operated safely at all times.
- Identify operation outside prescribed limits ensuring corrective actions are taken. Where there are Process Safety impacts to immediately alert the Site Management Team & record appropriately.
- Identify and immediately report plant defects, observations and anomalies that have, or have the potential to affect the safety of the process or which are noted to be abnormal to usual operations
- Complete plant routine duties maintaining commercial performance, availability and reliability.
- Plan & control system first line maintenance, fault diagnosis, reporting and documentation completion in line with safety, business and statutory requirements.
- Assist Operations Supervisor and other designated personnel on projects and outage preparation.
- Control the offloading of raw materials to the site. This includes road tanker fuel, oil and Urea deliveries, ensuring that each product is diverted to the dedicated storage tanks.
- Conduct sampling activities from the plant fuel systems to ensure product specification is correct and note all results for Ofgem compliance.
- In line with business & statutory requirements, develop & maintain documentation, records & procedures
The Person - Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- Time served apprenticeship in an electrical or C&I discipline.
- An HNC/HND:-EC&I, mechanical or process discipline would be desirable
- Experience of contributing to continuous process /production/ operational environments.
- Knowledge of Marine diesel engines, generating units or turbo expander units operations & maintenance.
- First line maintenance.
- Following procedures, systems & processes.
- Supporting planning & outage management
- Safe System of Work processes & procedures including permit to work, incident control, risk assessments and method statements.
- Flexible working time approach and ability to support call out and out of hours working.
- Power plant operational experience & knowledge would be desirable
- Commissioning experience/knowledge would be desirable
Application closing date: 4th October
Exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Operations Technician to join the busy team, at a fully integrated infrastructure solutions business in Beckton, London.
Is this you? Apply today!
<< Back to Job Search