<< Back to Job Search
Leamington Spa , Warwickshire
Negotiable depending on experience
Company Fusion Limited are working with a group of consulting engineers who provide a full range of services through their specialist Chartered & Incorporated Consulting Engineers, Civil Engineers, Structural Engineers, Geo-environmental Engineers, and Transport Engineers. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Graduate Engineer or a Civil Technician to join their busy office in Leamington Spa.
The Package - What you could earn
- Basic salary negotiable depending on experience.
- 23 days annual leave per annum
- Life Insurance, Pension, Private Medical Insurance & Staff Discounts after probationary period.
- Opportunities to progress to senior levels within the practice.
Civil Technician - Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of detailed drawings and calculations to obtain technical approval for adoptable highway, or sewerage schemes in accordance with national and local authority specifications. Projects will include residential, commercial industrial, educational and Healthcare Schemes.
- Undertake pre-purchase feasibility studies and resolution of planning conditions including drainage feasibility and highways considerations.
- Preparation of 3D ground models for volume calculations, cut and fill exercises, vertical road profiles, etc.
- Liaise and communicate with clients and external agencies i.e. Environment Agency, Regional Highway Authorities and Sewerage authorities, etc.
- Represent the group at meetings and in writing when required and undertake site inspections.
- You will be encouraged to work towards a Professional Qualification commensurate with your Academic Qualifications.
The Person - Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- You will be a Graduate Engineer or Civil Technician and must have approximately 12 months experience.
- Ideally you will have a class 2:1 Degree in an appropriate ‘built environment’ discipline and be working towards membership of the Institution of Civil Engineers, the Institution of Structural Engineers, or similar learned society/professional body. However Technicians with HND/C or significant relevant experience also welcomed.
- Use of Auto Cad Civil 3D preferred but not essential.
- Working experience of drainage and highway design and detailing.
- Working experience of MicroDrainage WinDES.
- Use of Microsoft Office software packages i.e. Excel, Word, etc.
- Working appreciation of highway and general structures.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage own workload within agreed time scales.
An exciting opportunity has arisen at a successful group of consulting engineers. As previous year's Graduates are progressing within the company a Graduate Engineer or a Civil Technician with approximately 1 years' experience is needed to join their team. This is a major opportunity for an ambitious person and progression is assured for the right candidate.
Is this you? Apply today!
<< Back to Job Search