<< Back to Job Search
Negotiable depending on experience
Company Fusion Limited are working with a well established company specialising in the development of innovative medical monitoring and diagnostic equipment used in a wide range of medical applications. Delivering improved patient care drives every aspect of their business. They are currently looking for a Data Scientist to join their busy team based near Cambridge.
The Package - What you could earn
- Basic salary competitive depending on experience
- 6% contribution on pension
- BUPA cash plan
- Life assurance
Data Scientist - Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop analytics projects within R&D (data processing, analysis, algorithms and modelling) in support of novel and innovative medical devices.
- Contribute to the planning, design, development and review of company products.
- Maintaining and expanding infrastructure for the analysis of data, allowing trending and re-processing using new algorithms.
- Conduct health and safety/risk assessments as required.
- Interface with external consultants and contractors.
The Person - Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Physics or Mathematics with relevant technical skills is essential.
- A Masters/PhD degree and/or 3+ years relevant experience is desirable.
- You will ideally have a medical devices background.
- Experience in data analysis and statistical processing tools (e.g. MATLAB, Excel, VBA, R, SAS, SPSS, Minitab) and database integration (SQL, Ms Access).
- Knowledge of project planning techniques and tools.
- Ideally familiarity with medical device development (i.e. ISO 13485).
- Experience in system and component fault analysis.
- Experience of algorithm development, ideally in the fields of analytics or diagnostics, and in an industrial setting.
- Experience of software development process.
- Experience of trend analysis within large datasets.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven track record working across multi- disciplinary teams.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and deliver to a schedule.
Important - Do not apply unless you have:
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Physics or Mathematics with relevant technical skills.
- A medical devices, healthcare or pharmaceutical background.
- An expert understanding of data analysis and statistical processing tools (e.g. MATLAB, Excel, VBA, R, SAS, SPSS, Minitab) and database integration (SQL, Ms Access)
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced and knowledgeable Data Scientist to join a well established company specialising in the development of innovative medical monitoring and diagnostic equipment; working in their busy office near Cambridge.
Is this you? Apply today!
<< Back to Job Search