<< Back to Job Search
£55,000 - £65,000 per Annum
Company Fusion Limited are working with a well established company specialising in the development of innovative medical monitoring and diagnostic equipment used in a wide range of medical applications. Delivering improved patient care drives every aspect of their business. They are currently looking for an experienced Financial Controller to be based at their busy office in Cambridge.
The Package - What you could earn
- Basic Salary paying between £55,000 to £65,000 pro rata.
- Working 2-3 days per week.
- Benefits: 6% pension scheme, BUPA cash plan, employee assist.
Financial Controller - Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and annual accounts for the group and for each company within the group.
- Establishment and operation of a system of financial controls appropriate to safeguard the assets of the company.
- The keeping of paper and/or computer records sufficient to provide evidence of financial transactions and of controls.
- Processing of bank payments and maintenance of secure documents e.g. cheque books, credit cards.
- Management of the audit process.
- Assistance in determining and applying appropriate accounting policies.
- Other reporting as required, such as tracking R&D projects.
- Responsible for all VAT matters.
- Assisting external accountants in the preparation of corporation tax returns and R&D tax claims.
- Responsible for management of the payroll and related activities, such as preparation of P11Ds.
- Responsible for administration of employee share options.
- Liaison with external providers including bank, auditors, tax advisers, payroll providers.
- Management of junior staff in clerical / administrative role to provide support in finance function.
- Ensuring that staff sensitive information (e.g. payroll details) are kept confidential.
- Awareness of and adherence to the Company’s Quality framework including undergoing training as appropriate.
- Assistance to CFO.
- Alertness to areas of financial risk and reporting of identified potential risks.
The Person - Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- Must have a relevant Accountancy qualification with at least 5 years PQE.
- Computer literacy - involving experience of Microsoft Word and Excel and ideally Sage Line 50 or higher.
- Experience of working in healthcare / pharmaceutical / technology / medical devices industries is desirable, but not essential.
- Team-player - able to work in a multi-disciplinary team within a small company environment.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Self-motivated, energetic and an ability to motivate others.
- Well organised and strong attention to detail.
- Able to work to tight deadlines.
Important – Do not apply unless you have:
- A minimum of 5 years experience as a Financial Controller.
- Computer literacy - involving Microsoft Word and Excel, ideally Sage Line 50 or higher.
We have a Fantastic opportunity for an experienced and knowledgeable Financial Controller to join a well established company specialising in the development of innovative medical monitoring and diagnostic equipment; working in their busy office in Cambridge.
Is this you? Apply today!
<< Back to Job Search