<< Back to Job Search
Negotiable depending on experience
Company Fusion Limited is working with an established firm of business accountants with offices across the UK. Their clients include both early-stage and mature businesses, ranging from start-ups, sole traders and partnerships, through to limited companies and international groups. We now have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Accounts Senior to join their busy team in Aylesbury.
The Package - What you could earn
- Basic salary negotiable depending on experience
- BIK (benefit in kind), study support package, bonus scheme, private medical, life assurance
- Company benefits, 21 days holiday, extra holiday for birthday, Christmas Eve off and bank holidays
Accounts Senior - Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Part of the Business Services Team the role will cover accounts production, tax, payroll and bookkeeping.
- Prepare accounts and tax computations for an existing client portfolio of business to business clients from start-ups to £2million turnover.
- Support the Client Manager in delivering the work required for this portfolio.
- Be confident in UK taxation and accounting.
- Maintain and develop the current client relationships ensuring tax efficiency and delivering commercial insight.
- Run client meetings – the role is actively encouraged to have regular contact with clients to help strengthen the relationship.
- Be a technical contact for clients and team members, providing assistance on accounting and taxation queries.
- Demonstrate excellence in current accounting standards, legislation, technical issues and related matters.
- Continue your personal and professional development through education, training and experience.
- In the near future be involved in the marketing and promotion of the services of our client across the Group with a focus on the SME marketplace, using existing and new marketing resources in order for the team to achieve a planned significant increase in business.
- Be able to train and develop staff on controls and procedures and in getting the best from their own resources.
- Be able, knowledgeable and competent on year end, tax and management accounts software, as well as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Undertake other reasonable business tasks as requested or required within the practice and actively participate in the activities and needs of the company.
The Person - Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- You will be ACCA/ACA Qualified or part ACCA and qualified by experience
- You must have at least 2 years experience in an accountancy practice.
- Able to expand by your own example, client interaction, fee growth and personal development into a more senior role over time.
- Have general business awareness gained either in a business- orientated accounts practice or industry.
- Feel comfortable (with training if necessary) at a mutually agreeable timescale in selling yourself and the business to new clients and build on an existing client base.
- Be team orientated, need to get involved and recognise that your personal drive will influence your own and the team’s performance.
- Enjoy working to deadlines and are focused enough to want to exceed the customers’ requests.
- Career minded, dedicated and willing to prove your worth.
- Are a non-smoker.
Important - Do not apply unless you have:
- Part-Qualified or full ACCA qualification.
- At least 2 years experience in an accountancy practice.
Are you a confident Accounts Senior with great client interaction skills? Are you looking for a role that offers client interaction, fee growth and personal development? If yes to both then we have an exciting opportunity we would like to discuss with you to join an established firm of business accountants based in Aylesbury.
Is this you? Apply today!
<< Back to Job Search