<< Back to Job Search
Residential Conveyancing Solicitor
Petworth , West Sussex
Negotiable depending on experience
Company Fusion Limited is working with a well established Law Firm; one of the oldest established law firms in West Sussex. We currently have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Residential Conveyancing Solicitor to join their office in Petworth.
The Package – What You Could Earn:
- Salary negotiable depending on experience
- Free parking!
- Generous pension, private health and death-in-service schemes.
Residential Conveyancing Solicitor - Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide effective and timely service to the firm’s clients, and maximise the firm’s potential to cross sell services by identifying appropriate opportunities
- Manage all client work allocated by the Head of Department in accordance with the detailed procedures and quality standards contained in the firm’s Office Manual;
- Ensure that all client work is progressed expeditiously and that the client is kept regularly informed on progress and on costs;
- At all times to exercise high standards of client care in a professional and pleasant manner;
- Comply with the SRA Solicitors Accounts Rules, and the Rules on the Professional Conduct of Solicitors as required by the SRA at all times;
- Ensure that all correspondence and enquiries are dealt with correctly and in a timely manner;
- Ensure the confidentiality and security of all the firm’s and client documentation and information;
- In close liaison with the Accounts Department, to have overall responsibility for credit control on own matters;
- Introduce clients to other fee earners, as appropriate; promoting the services of the firm and its image and ethos;
- Provide support to other staff and Partners as required and provide guidance to junior and temporary staff when required;
- Maintain clear and precise communication with other personnel within the firm;
- Supervise, support and develop other members within the Department;
- In conjunction with the firm, to comply with the relevant training requirements of the Solicitors Regulation Authority and to assist with in-house training as may be required;
- Collect all outstanding disbursements as soon as feasible and to bill promptly;
- Be aware of constantly changing market conditions, new technology and analyse work practices thoroughly;
- Adhere to all good practice procedures as determined by the HOD, especially in relation to quality standards;
- Attend clients, both in person and on the telephone and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner, in line with the firm’s standards of client care, and keeping written record of any such attendance;
- Undertake any specific training when required to do so and overall, to have a responsibility for self-development;
- Do everything possible to promote the firm within the local community and in particular, to work closely and liaise with local estate agents and other professionals to win new clients;
The Person - Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- You will have a minimum of 3 years’ PQE.
- Admission to the Solicitor’s Roll
- Good knowledge of Word and Excel
- A pleasant but assertive manner in dealing with colleagues and clients; tact and resilience are essential qualities
- To be an effective communicator, both orally and in writing, having a good command of the English language
- Able to ensure good working relationships with external institutions and organisations;
- Personally, efficient and well organised, with good control of diary and time management
An exciting pathway for a Residential Conveyancing Solicitor, Petworth, West Sussex.
Is this you? Apply today!
<< Back to Job Search