<< Back to Job Search
KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Negotiable depending on experience
Company Fusion Limited is working with a specialist IT unit who aim to service all of their clients’ IT needs from hardware, software, computer repairs, networking, iPod and mp3 downloads. Their team are highly trained professionals, equipped with vast industry expertise. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Technician to join their enthusiastic team in thriving KwaZulu – Natal.
The Package - What you could earn
- Basic salary negotiable depending on experience.
- Start date ASAP.
Senior Technician - Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Senior Technician you will be accountable for providing advanced remote and onsite technical support in an effective and professional manner to internal and external stakeholders, in the recording and resolution of all IT support tickets logged and/or calls taken.
- Provide technical support in terms of hardware, software, systems and administration.
- Ensure expected service levels and response times are adhered to, and follow the company processes to effectively escalate matters with effective resolutions.
- Maintain constant communication with end users, engineers, partners and third-party service providers on all matters that require technical support.
- Provide after-hours support on rotation with the team.
The Person - Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years’ working experience as an IT support technician and directly supporting end-users, both face-to-face and remotely.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience troubleshooting and upgrading desktop/workstation and server hardware.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience installing, maintaining and supporting corporate network environments (LAN & WAN).
- Comprehensive knowledge of Windows and Apple operating systems.
- Experience troubleshooting and setting up mobile devices, especially those on the Android and iOS platforms.
- Experienced in;
- Windows Server and SBS operating systems.
- Microsoft Office 365 and Azure experience
- Microsoft Office application suite
- Advanced networking – routers, access points, switches & firewalls
- VPN and WAN setup/support
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Working experience with a helpdesk ticketing system such as OTRS, Zendesk & osTicket, Heat, Remedy, etc.
- Drivers license
- Other cloud-based technologies
- Advanced networking – Firewalls (Mikrotik, Cisco, Juniper, Fortinet)
- Linux operating systems
- MCSE or equivalent
- VMware & Hyper-V
- A team player, not afraid to show initiative with strong problem solving and decision making skills
- A customer-focused attitude, with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated with a constant use of one’s own initiative
- The ability to multi-task and prioritise workload in real-time
- Passionate about keeping abreast of changes in your chosen area of technology
- The culture of imparting knowledge to co-workers, regardless of years of experience, and to constantly acquire and adopt knowledge from others
- Career-focused with the motivation to forge one’s own path to success within a high-performing team
- The drive to be the best in the industry in every task one undertakes
If you're an experienced Senior Technician with a passion for the industry, and a minimum of 5 years’ experience installing, maintaining and supporting corporate network environments (LAN & WAN), we'd love to speak to you about a fantastic new opportunity!
Is this you? Apply today!
<< Back to Job Search