<< Back to Job Search
Senior Systems Engineer
KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Negotiable depending on experience
Company Fusion Limited is working with a specialist IT unit who aim to service all of their clients’ IT needs from hardware, software, computer repairs, networking, iPod and mp3 downloads. Their team are highly trained professionals, equipped with vast industry expertise. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Systems Engineer to join their enthusiastic team in thriving KwaZulu – Natal.
The Package - What you could earn
- Basic salary negotiable depending on experience.
- Start date ASAP.
Senior Systems Engineer - Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Senior Systems Engineer will be accountable for managing, maintaining, supporting, and upgrading our clients' ISP and client servers and network infrastructure.
- Maintain the ISP network and hosting environment, including mail, DNS, firewall, web and all virtual server environments.
- Be accountable for effecting remote and onsite IT support to all internal and external stakeholders in the recording and resolution of all IT support tickets logged and/or calls taken and provide technical support in terms of hardware, software, systems and administration, and maintain constant communication with end users, engineers, partners and third-party service providers.
- Build and document network management and telemetry road maps for infrastructure and services, and integrate network management platforms into the Microsoft cloud for new and existing technologies.
- Manage the integrity of the network, server deployment, and security.
- Create, oversee and test security measures (e.g. access authentication and disaster recovery).
- Effective involvement in projects and the roll-out of solutions to clients.
- Support and maintenance of custom in-house applications.
- Provide after-hours support on rotation with the team.
- Ensure expected service levels and response times are adhered to, and follow the company processes to effectively escalate matters with effective resolutions.
- Architecture and design of fault tolerant systems.
The Person - Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- CCNA/CCNP (or equivalent).
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience installing, maintaining and supporting a corporate/ISP infrastructure environment.
- A minimum of 5 years’ working experience as an IT support technician and directly supporting end-users, both face-to-face and remotely.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience installing, maintaining and supporting corporate network environments (LAN & WAN).
- Advanced server systems administration (Linux/Unix).
- Advanced networking – routing, switching, firewalling and general IP networking experience.
- Advanced DNS administration.
- VMware, HyperV, ESXi and related.
- VPN and WAN setup/support.
- Indepth understanding of BGP, OSPF, MPLS, VOIP, VPN.
- SAN/NAS technologies.
- Drivers license.
- Mail server experience (Postfix, Sendmail, Exim, Antispam/Antivirus, DNSBL, SMTP protocol & general mail routing).
- Wireless networking.
- LAMP stack.
- BGP, OSPF, MPLS, VOIP, VPN.
- PHP & WordPress admin.
- Microsoft Office 365 and Azure experience.
- Experience with helpdesk ticketing systems such as OTRS, Zendesk & osTicket, Heat, Remedy, etc.
- Experience in workload deployments to public clouds: Amazon, Azure, etc.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic Senior Systems Engineer with a minimum of 5 years’ experience installing, maintaining and supporting a corporate/ISP infrastructure environment, to join a dynamic team based in KwaZulu – Natal!
Is this you? Apply today!
<< Back to Job Search