<< Back to Job Search
KwaZulu – Natal, South Africa
Negotiable depending on experience
Company Fusion Limited is working with a pioneering South African ISPs & web development company who are specialists in the media industry and veterans from enterprise IT, media and communication. They provide globally innovative solutions; strategic consulting, custom app/software development, cloud infrastructure and device supply, integration and support. They offer in-house native development/design skills in all major eco-systems – IOS, Android, Microsoft online, social and content. They have a true multi-disciplinary approach to technology & web development challenges. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Designer to join their busy team in thriving KwaZulu – Natal.
The Package - What you could earn
- Basic salary negotiable depending on experience.
Senior Designer - Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- You will work on a broad range of exciting current and new projects ultimately being accountable for designing collateral for any medium – apps, websites, illustration, videos, presentations, books.
- Share your knowledge and skills with those around you looking to up-skill your team while also constantly looking for opportunities to develop your own.
- Work purposefully and steadily under pressure with a variety of clients.
- Keep abreast of the latest online trends.
- Drive to be the best in the industry in every task you undertake.
The Person - Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- At least 3 years’ relevant experience with graphic design in a digital industry, with a full and comprehensive portfolio.
- User Experience and User Interface design for mobile devices, by producing user journeys, wireframes, prototyping and graphic design for final release.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Mac OS.
- A strong understanding of design principles in web, mobile and print, typography and branding.
- Ability to plan and prioritise work coming into the studio.
- Grammar and proofing skills.
- Experience working with clients to understand their business/industry, interpret concepts and ideas into a product brief, and translate into a visual solution.
- Technical knowledge of design standards for various digital platforms, especially web and mobile app design.
- Experience in a senior position accountable for providing creative direction to other designers and implementing designs with developers.
- Employing digital media techniques to create original illustrations and icon sets.
- Experience in articulating complex concepts and visualising data through infographic design.
- Constant experimentation and adoption of new design techniques, software, and creative styles.
- Accountability for testing of finished product to meet quality and usability standards.
- advantageous skills:
- Expert knowledge of the full Adobe Creative Suite
- Video production, photography and sound editing
- Content creation
- Experience working with an app dev team
- User interface design for Android devices
- Software development on Android or any other web or mobile platform
- Designing for responsive web and other platforms (email campaigns, social media, print media)
- Proven track record for meeting deadlines
Important do not apply unless you have:
- Three years’ working experience in a digital industry
Fantastic opportunity for an experienced Designer and natural born teacher to join a team where you will be designing collateral for a broad range of mediums including apps, websites, illustration, videos, presentation and books; in addition to participating in a culture of shared knowledge and learning.
Is this you? Apply today!
<< Back to Job Search