<< Back to Job Search
Umhlanga, South Africa
Negotiable depending on experience
Company Fusion Limited is working with a pioneering South African ISPs & web development company who are specialists in the media industry and veterans from enterprise IT, media and communication. They provide globally innovative solutions; strategic consulting, custom app/software development, cloud infrastructure and device supply, integration and support. They offer in-house native development/design skills in all major eco-systems – IOS, Android, Microsoft online, social and content. They have a true multi-disciplinary approach to technology & web development challenges. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a passionate and career focused Senior Technician to join their busy team in Umhlanga, South Africa.
The Package - What you could earn
- Basic salary negotiable depending on experience.
Senior Technician - Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be accountable for effecting remote and onsite IT support to all internal and external stakeholders in the recording and resolution of all IT support tickets logged and/or calls taken.
- Provide technical support in terms of hardware, software, systems and administration.
- Ensure expected service levels and response times are adhered to.
- Follow the company processes to effectively escalate matters with effective resolutions.
- Maintain constant communication with end users, engineers, partners and third-party service providers on all matters that require technical support.
- Provide after-hours support on rotation with the team.
The Person - Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years’ working experience as an IT support technician and directly supporting end-users, both face-to-face and remotely.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience troubleshooting and upgrading desktop/workstation and server hardware.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience installing, maintaining and supporting corporate network environments (LAN & WAN).
- MCSE Certification or equivalent.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Windows Server, SBS, Mac OS and Linux operating systems.
- Experience troubleshooting and setting up mobile devices, especially those on the Android and iOS platforms.
- Microsoft Office 365 and Azure experience (or other cloud-based technologies).
- Advanced networking – routers, access points, switches & Firewalls (Mikrotik, Cisco, Juniper, Fortinet).
- VPN and WAN setup/support.
- Experience having worked with a helpdesk ticketing system such as OTRS, Zendesk & osTicket, Heat, Remedy, etc.
- VMware & Hyper-V.
- Drivers license.
- To apply we will also need an updated CV including your current earnings, expected salary and notice period.
- Applicants will need to give reasons for leaving all previous places of work and provide proof of qualifications.
- Short listed candidates will also need submit to a credit check and criminal records verification.
A forward thinking company providing globally innovative solutions is looking for a passionate and career focused Senior Technician to join their team in Umhlanga, South Africa.
Is this you? Apply today!
<< Back to Job Search