<< Back to Job Search
Umhlanga, South Africa
Negotiable depending on experience
Company Fusion Limited is working with a pioneering South African ISPs & web development company who are specialists in the media industry and veterans from enterprise IT, media and communication. They provide globally innovative solutions; strategic consulting, custom app/software development, cloud infrastructure and device supply, integration and support. They offer in-house native development/design skills in all major eco-systems – IOS, Android, Microsoft online, social and content. They have a true multi-disciplinary approach to technology & web development challenges. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a QA Tester to join their busy team in Umhlanga.
The Package - What you could earn
- Basic salary negotiable depending on experience (Market Related)
QA Tester - Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Test modification to ensure they are fit for purpose, consistent and compliant with published standards and guidelines.
- Translate functional requirements and specifications into documented test plans, cases and steps.
- Ensure modifications are fully regression testable and delivered on schedule.
- Apply QA techniques and methodologies (regression, usability, sanity and functional testing methods).
- Planning, writing and execute test scripts.
- Execute test plans manually and conduct manual functional and exploratory testing - (Perform manual/functional test execution).
- Complete testing in line with agreed timeframe and by following the business processes using the appropriate test management and automated tools.
- Identify issues risks and dependencies escalating and managing where appropriate.
- Evaluate testing tools.
- Provide product handovers to both technical and non-technical audience.
- Developed, designed, implemented, maintained and enhanced test plans, test scripts and test methodologies.
- Continually update skills by learning new technologies.
- Promote and advocate best practices within team and throughout the business.
The Person - Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should have more than 2 years experience testing client server and web applications (.net base environment).
- Certification (ISEB/ISTQB)
- Testing software on Multiple platforms (Android, IOS, Responsive Web) and data-orientated systems
- Experience in an Agile-driven project (Scrum, XP, TDD,BDD)
- Basic coding/scripting skills (VB .Net/C#) and an ability to write SQL scripts to create and manipulate data.
- Experience with test automation frameworks.
- Excellent problem solving ability, logical thinker with an ability to work under pressure.
- A strong online presence (you share your interests on social media) and innate drive to share your knowledge (active participation in the community).
- Career-focused with the motivation to forge one’s own path to success within a high-performing team.
- The drive to be the best in the industry in every task you undertake and the diligence and discipline to get things done, no matter the level or perceived cachet of the task.
- Must have excellent written and verbal skills and a keen eye for attention to detail.
- To apply we need two reference details from your previous direct managers – Referee names and reachable contact numbers.
- To apply we will need an updated CV with your expected salary and notice period.
- Applicants will need to give reasons for leaving all previous places of work.
- Short listed candidates will also need submit to a credit check and criminal records verification.
A forward thinking company providing globally innovative solutions is looking for a passionate and career focused QA Tester to join their team in thriving Umhlanga.
Is this you? Apply today!
<< Back to Job Search