<< Back to Job Search
Conference & Events Operations Manager
£24,000 per Annum
Company Fusion Limited is working with a well known brand of hotels that are part of one of the largest hotel groups in the world; serving over 150 million guests each year. They strive hard to offer the highest standards of hospitality at all times. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Conference & Events Operations Manager to join their busy team in Guildford, Surrey.
The Package - What you could earn
- Excellent basic salary of up to £24,000 per annum (negotiable depending on experience).
- Generous financial and benefits package including uniform, free meals on duty, pension scheme, fitness club membership, hotel discounts worldwide, access to a wide variety of discount schemes and the chance to work with a great team of people.
- Most importantly, our client will give you the room to be yourself.
- Full training is provided including multi skilling across the hotel.
Conference & Events Operations Manager - Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Conference & Events Operations Manager will ensure the smooth running of all aspects of conference & events operations within the hotel, including the day to day activities of the conference and meeting room areas.
- Actively promote the hotel at all times in order to generate and maintain business with both new and existing clients.
- Keep up-to-date with market trends and aware of the local attractions, direct competitors & venues.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure effective communication for the hotel and clients internally and externally, including attending and contributing to the weekly hotel department head and food and beverage department meetings.
- Assist with the planning, development and implementation of promotional strategies and marketing.
- Oversee the preparation, presentation and service of banquet food and beverage products to ensure highest quality and guest satisfaction at all times.
- Coordinate with suppliers/in house stores for special purchasing requirements relating to the Banqueting Department.
- Assists the Operation Manager with inspection checklists and department reports to company standard and legislation.
- Support the Operation Manager and Head Chef with the pricing and preparation of banquet menus, beverages and wine lists by taking into consideration such factors as:
- Local requirements and market needs
- Competitors, trends, merchandising and promotion
- Recipes and availability of food and beverage products
- Potential costs
- Continually control and analyse the following, in an effort to ensure optimum performance:
- Quality levels of product and service
- Guest satisfaction
- Merchandising and Marketing
- Costs of operation
- Sanitation, cleanliness and hygiene
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding and awareness of all policies and procedures relating to Health, Hygiene and Fire Life Safety.
The Person - Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- You will be degree qualified or qualified by experience in Hospitality Management or similar.
- GCSE or similar secondary education qualifications and ideally you will hold an NVQ in Hospitality.
- Proven working experience of leading and managing a team within a busy department, including completion of mandatory training and other professional development.
- As an ambassador for embracing change and driving engagement throughout the hotel, you will have strong organisational, planning and time-management skills with the ability to prioritise effectively.
- Commercially astute with good knowledge of the hospitality industry.
- Proficient IT skills including MS Office and financial systems.
- Fluent in English both verbally and written with excellent interpersonal skills.
If you are an enthusiastic and motivated professional, degree qualified or qualified by experience in Hospitality Management or similar, with experience leading and managing a team within a busy department, then we'd love to speak to you about an exciting new opportunity!
Is this you? Apply today!
<< Back to Job Search