<< Back to Job Search
£13.50 per Annum
Company Fusion Limited is working with a well established and Care Quality Commission registered network of care homes providing the full spectrum of care services. They pride themselves on providing homely facilities without an institutional feel and individuality is at the heart of their care. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Deputy Manager to join their busy team in Carlisle.
The Package - What you could earn
- Basic salary paying up to £13.50 per hour.
- Company Benefits.
Deputy Manager - Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To promote the philosophy of privacy, dignity, independence, choice, rights and fulfilment for all residents, within a policy of managed risk taking.
- Manage staff rotas ensuring these are used to the best effect for the physical, social and emotional care of residents and effective running of the establishment.
- Ensure that team members understand and endorse the aims and objectives of the home by guidance, instruction and practice.
- Responsibility for clear lines of communication ensuring staff are fully conversant with their duties
- Identify training needs. Participate in the planning and implementation of in-house training, including induction training for new staff.
- Take appropriate action to remedy any unsatisfactory staff performance, recording any significant action.
- Promote resident well being by monitoring and re-evaluation of care needs in partnership with the resident, their key carers and significant others the resident may wish to have involved.
- Provide care with sensitivity in sickness, death and bereavement. Enable residents to receive as far as possible the range of services available in the community and to participate in social and other activities which will assist them to enjoy the lifestyle of their choice.
- Share in caring tasks with other team members and contribute to assessment, reviews and case conferences. Assist and support relatives and carers.
- Participate in the planning, implementation and management of new developments to meet the changing needs of elderly people, in co-operation with other professional workers.
- Take responsibility for personal development by keeping abreast of developments in the field of caring for older people.
- Promote good relations with local community and support volunteers, relatives and carers.
- In the absence of the Home Manager be the person responsible for the efficient and proper management of the Home.
The Person - Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- Level 3 Diploma in Health & Social Care or equivalent.
- At least one year’s management experience
- A proven record in care of the elderly and a desire to provide excellence of care through skilled team management, the ability to relate to older people and care for them in a sensitive manner.
- A commitment to provide high quality care standards for older people and to promote equal opportunities and non-discriminatory practice.
- Ability to form positive relationships with colleagues and build supportive teams. Promote good relations with relatives, friends and volunteers.
- You must be strong people manager.
Do you have a level 3 diploma in health and social care along with proven management skills and experience in elderly care? If yes then we would love to speak to you about a Deputy Manager position based in carlisle.
Is this you? Apply today!
<< Back to Job Search