<< Back to Job Search
£16,494 per Annum
Company Fusion Limited is working with an award winning and well established childcare company. They have a number of nurseries across the South East of England where they maintain a strong emphasis on not only having fun, but early years education and teaching. We currently have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Nursery Chef to join their growing team in Hitchin.
The Package - What you could earn
- Basic salary paying up to £16494.90 per annum
- 40 hours per week
- Free uniform
- Competitive package, including pension and occupational sick pay
- Paid time off for dependants, increasing annual leave with each complete year of service
- Discounts and savings at over 900 retailers
- Generous staff discount on childcare places and discount for one family member too!
- Excellent training and development opportunities
Nursery Chef - Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- You’ll be responsible for serving meals and snacks to all the children in our Nursery.
- Working in a kitchen that’s rated 5* for hygiene, you’ll maintain the high standards of hygiene and cleanliness, complying with all the necessary food preparation and storage procedures to keep a clean and well-functioning kitchen.
- In addition to cooking and serving meals you’ll be in charge of ordering food supplies within an agreed budget.
- You’ll also have the opportunity to work with the children, taking the lead in cookery based activities.
- Preparing home-cooked meals for all the children daily.
- Following the menus.
- Ensuring a high level of hygiene and observing cleanliness at all times.
- Maintaining standards in the kitchen.
- Having lots of fun!
The Person - Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- You will have previous experience of working in a kitchen and your passion for food and nutrition will be evident.
- You’ll have a good understanding of the importance of hygiene, cleanliness and dietary requirements and a level 2 qualification in basic food hygiene is essential.
- With excellent time management and budgeting skills, you’ll be capable of co-ordinating and serving a wide range of healthy, nutritious meals and snacks at set times each day.
- Be hard working and organised team player.
- Experience of managing allergies and intolerances.
- A satisfactory DBS check!
Important - Do not apply unless you have:
- A level 2 qualification in basic food hygiene.
- Previous experience of working in a kitchen and a passion for food and nutrition.
Fantastic opportunity for an experienced Chef with a passion for food and nutrition to join the growing team at a well established childcare company in Hitchin.
Is this you? Apply today!
<< Back to Job Search