<< Back to Job Search
Near Welwyn, Hertfordshire
Negotiable depending on experience
Company Fusion Limited is working with an award-winning, AA 4 star hotel, two-rosette restaurant, set in 490 acres of glorious, un-spoilt Hertfordshire countryside, who can cater for up to 1,000 guests. We currently have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Duty Manager to join their busy team based Near Welwyn, Hertfordshire.
The Package - What you could earn
- Basic salary negotiable depending on experience.
- 48 hours per week
- Pension scheme (after probation)
- 20 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Health Shield
- 3 x Life Assurance
- Meals on site
Duty Manager - Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the smooth and efficient running of the hotel and ensuring the highest level of guest satisfaction
- Represent the general management team in the absence of a senior manager.
- Evaluating and resolving customer queries and problems where possible.
- Checking department rotas at the beginning of each shift to ensure that adequate staff is available to meet the customer needs.
- Carrying out regular inspection of guest and team member’s areas to ensure that they are presentable and safe for the use intended.
- Be hands on and prepared to assist in any areas that need help such as restaurant or reception.
- Host events within the bar and event department on behalf of our client; ensure that guest’s requirements are met and costs are controlled.
- Oversee the smooth running of the event bar and ensure that event bills are processed at the end of the shift.
- Ensuring the co-ordination of the hotel team and guest in the event of a fire evacuation. Recording false alarms and communicating potential hazards.
- Carry out the cashing up and close down procedure. Ensure that the takings balance with micros reports and investigate all discrepancies.
The Person - Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- You will have previous experience in the hotel industry ideally within a 4 star environment.
- Strong leadership abilities, able to make decisions, delegate and coach junior staff members.
- Good attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills.
- Be hands on and flexible in the way you work willing to support areas to ensure the smooth running of the hotel.
An enthusiastic and hands on Duty Manager is needed to join the team at a 4* restaurant; part of an award-winning hotel set in 490 acres of glorious, un-spoilt Hertfordshire countryside, near Welwyn.
Is this you? Apply today!
<< Back to Job Search