<< Back to Job Search
Negotiable depending on experience
Company Fusion Limited is working with one of the leading law firms in the central region whose work covers all aspects of corporate, commercial and property law, as well as addressing the legal needs of charities, institutions and private individuals. They pride themselves for being a strong, supportive firm with clear career progression and friendly HR policies. They are also client focused and are a growing organisation. We currently have an exciting opportunity for an PA/Legal Secretary to join their busy team based in Cambridge.
The Package - What you could earn
- Basic salary negotiable depending on experience.
- Full time hours working 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday with one hour for lunch.
- Company benefits.
PA/Legal Secretary - Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- On a day-to-day basis, the PA/Legal Secretary will provide PA support to Partners and the Contentious Business Unit and broader word processing support.
- Liaising with all members of the Contentious Business Unit, both fee earners and support staff.
- Preparing and completing as much as possible (including the conflict check) of the Matter Opening Form and then making sure the form is completed by the relevant fee earner.
- Preparing client engagement correspondence and ensure it is sent out to the client and then making sure we receive, and if necessary chasing for, the client’s signed copy.
- Checking and chasing for ID which is all part of the Matter Opening Form process.
- Preparing correspondence and documents through audio-typing and word processing.
- To administer electronic filing and the opening and closing and storage and retrieval of client files.
- Scanning incoming and outgoing correspondence onto the system.
- Preparing mail and enclosures for dispatch.
- Making appointments, arranging meetings and maintain an up to date diary for his/her principal.
- Providing support to other PAs as required.
- Attend to clients on behalf of the fee earner both in person and on the telephone and provide such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm’s standard of client care.
- Ensure confidentiality of all the firm’s clients’ documentation and information.
The Person - Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- Legal experience is essential in Contentious work together with a good understanding of Litigation processes, procedures and documents.
- Previous experience as a Legal Secretary working in a professional office.
- Strong IT Skills and experience with modern telephone systems.
- Trained in secretarial practise.
- High grade word processing and audio-typing skills.
- Knowledge of legal secretarial work.
- You will have a positive attitude to work and the strive to do a good job.
- Excellent attention to detail, organisational and time management skills.
Are you an experienced Legal Secretary? Do you have strong IT Skills and experience using modern telephone systems? If so, apply today!
Is this you? Apply today!
<< Back to Job Search