<< Back to Job Search
Residential Conveyancing Locum
Midhurst, West Sussex
Negotiable depending on experience
Company Fusion Limited is working with a well established Law Firm; one of the oldest established in West Sussex. We currently have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Residential Conveyancing Locum to join their office in Midhurst.
The Package - What you could earn
- Basic salary negotiable depending on experience.
Residential Conveyancing Locum - Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- A Solicitor must provide effective and timely service to the firm’s clients, and maximise the firm’s potential to cross sell services by identifying appropriate opportunities.
- Manage all client work allocated by the Head of Department in accordance with the detailed procedures and quality standards contained in the firm’s Office Manual.
- Ensure that all client work is progressed expeditiously and that the client is kept regularly informed on progress and on costs.
- Comply with the SRA Solicitors Accounts Rules, and the Rules on the Professional Conduct of Solicitors as required by the SRA at all times.
- Ensure that all correspondence and enquiries are dealt with correctly and in a timely manner.
- In close liaison with the Accounts Department, to have overall responsibility for credit control on own matters.
- Supervise, support and develop other members within the Department and provide guidance to junior and temporary staff when required.
- In conjunction with the firm, to comply with the relevant training requirements of the Solicitors Regulation Authority, assist with in-house training as may be required and have a responsibility for self-development.
- Adhere to all good practice procedures as determined by the HOD, especially in relation to quality standards.
- Attend clients, both in person and on the telephone and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner, in line with the firm’s standards of client care, and keeping written record of any such attendance.
The Person - Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- Admission to the Solicitor’s Roll.
- Minimum 3 years’ post admission experience.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- A pleasant but assertive manner in dealing with colleagues and clients - tact and resilience are essential qualities.
- To be an effective communicator, both orally and in writing, having a good command of the English language.
- Be efficient and well organised, with good control of diary and time management.
- A good grounding with experience of high net worth properties and be familiar with unregistered titles.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Residential Conveyancing Locum for one of the oldest established law firms in Midhurst, West Sussex. Candidates for this position should have at least 3 years prior experience working in a law firm.
Is this you? Apply today!
<< Back to Job Search